Thursday, December 17, 2009

When you used to call me mama

"So whatsup mama?"
"Mama"
That's what you called me.
Sin nombre
Nameless.
Don't call me anything, but mama.
Im nobody but mama
Im your mama
And that's everything.

I can hear you now, always, your voice resonating within me...like striking chords, the lamenting strings of my heart.

How could I have ever forgotten what you sound like...
"Mama"

I want to speak your language and hear your vernacular and I want to be deaf and mute unless it's to hear you...

I can hear you now, always, like a somber lullaby and its symphony and cacophony and consonance and dissonance and noise. And its grandeur and its bliss and strikes me dead like a pseuda coma and peace.

"Mama"

And when I hear it im no longer here but there, so far into nostalgia ill never return to wherever we really are. Im mama now and ill never be me. I never want to be me again.

No comments:

Post a Comment