"When I die, hopefully not too old," I tell my little brother of 12 years old, "and they ask at my eulogy (or for that matter any time he's asked after my untimely death) what is the one thing you'll always remember about your sister (or a similar question) your answer must be 'She was the best dresser I have ever seen.'"
Hopefully I die when he's old enough when this question will have some validity, because if he hasn't seen much than my credentials are discredited!
We often practice and he's got it down. Just yesterday we went shopping and upon reaching the mall I assumed creative director and embarked on getting him the ultimate trendy outfit. Ummmm...let's just say i disowned him as my brother...he obviously has no fashion sense!
So now I'm wondering who will take his place? If anyone is willing to rehearse "She was the best dresser I have ever seen" in preparation for my death please let me know.
Now the real reason I am writing is because it tickled me immensely when I realized the only thing I'd like to know about anyone really, but at the moment about the girl who took my place in his life is...
DOES SHE DRESS BETTER THAN ME?
While some women measure their worth by their abilities in the bed room, by the level of their intelligence, by the capacity of their cooking, by the good deeds of their hearts....
I measure myself through the potency of my wardrobe....the size of my heel....the versatility, the dynamics of my role-play, of my fashion.
Maybe I'm materialistic...
Maybe I'm vain...
Maybe I'm going to be selfish and full of botox for the rest of my life...
either way this evy and all i want to know is...
DOES SHE DRESS BETTER THAN ME?
and trust me...if she can't measure up heel to heel, there is no way she can fill my shoes...literally.
So I'll keep it moving love, in these fabulous shoes...
No comments:
Post a Comment