Friday, May 29, 2009

I AM SLOTH

The 7 deadly sins saga continues...today I AM SLOTH.

It seems that in the past several days as my trip back to New York nears, everyone has been asking me about this new phenomena called work...what is this so called work and how does one aquire it? Upon recently graduating from college I find myself contemplating an adulthood that nears by the day and yet seems so far away. It's got a tight grasp on me and its crippling me. I don't want to grow up! They say that you can't stop time and that the inevitable journey of life is age. Age is a jarring thing. I just remember being 12 and 16 and 19 and now 21 and soon to be 22 and oh so soon to be 30...hmmmm....what happens when you decide you ain't with it, ain't with this age stuff...can you just lose faith in age?

So I keep answering the same thing, I DON'T KNOW!

The truth is I don't have a clue what I want to do and I am not even sure if I'm good enough at anything really. I write because it is my passion, because I live for it, but can I get paid for it?

My best friend is working like a mad woman, she says make money and pop bottles because we old enough to do it now (she just told me this this morning) but I don't feel old enough. I still want to take a few more months off and find myself, discover things I have yet to uncover about myself. Is that so wrong? Does my lack of motivation to work, to age, make me a sloth?

and if so...I think i'll continue to be a sloth for the time being anyway...a lot of good may come from it. Everyone lives their life differently, and this is my life. Welcome to growing pains.

Note: It seems that these 7 deadly sins are being disproven as deadly. 3 down and they are more like virtues in my life...things that remind me that I are still human, that I am still alive, that I am normal.

No comments:

Post a Comment